Comment on page
Build a quick and easy photo gallery or slideshow with RapidWeaver's built-in photo album page
RapidWeaver’s Photo Album page makes it quick and easy to build online photo galleries and slideshows that look great across desktop and mobile devices.
To add a Photo Album page to your RapidWeaver site, simply add the Photo Album page type to your Page List. Click on the newly added page to give it a name. In the below example we will name the page "Gallery".
To add images to your new Photo Album page, click the [+] button at the bottom of the main edit window and add the images from your Mac's Finder (alternatively, you can drag and drop images into the main edit window). To remove images from the list, click the image(s) to highlight them and click the [-] button at the bottom of the main edit window.
The File Name and Caption fields are editable. To edit these fields single-click on the image's file name or caption field and enter your desired text.
Edit the image file name
Edit the image caption
The Photo Album page comes with a variety of configurable settings to style your gallery or slideshow.
- 1.Quality: Select the image quality for your added images and thumbnails. Quality options include Best, High, Medium, and Low. Using a lower image quality can save on page/file size resulting in faster page load speed, however it will reduce the display quality of your images. Likewise a higher quality will increase the page/file size slowing down your page load speed, however your image will look better.
- 2.Scale images: Check this box if you'd like for RapidWeaver to automatically scale your added images. This is selected by default and the default maximum size is 640px width. You can edit this value to your preferred maximum width size.
- 3.Maximum size: If the above Scale images box is checked, this field will be activated. You can enter your desired maximum width size for your added images.
- 4.Album type: Select if you'd like your images to be displayed as a Gallery or Slideshow.
- 5.Sort Order: Select how you'd like your images to be sorted on the page. Sort options include Custom, Filename, or Date. The Custom sort option will sort your images as they are arranged in your main edit window. You can drag the images around in the main edit window to rearrange the sort order. The Filename sort option will sort the images alphabetically on the page. The Date sort order will sort the images chronologically on the page. The date is pulled from the image's metadata.
- 1.Title: Give your Photo Album gallery a title. This will be displayed on your Photo Album page (see screenshot for example).
- 2.Description: Give your Photo Album gallery a description. This will be displayed on your Photo Album page (see screenshot for example).
- 3.Thumbnail Size: Select the size for your image thumbnails.
- 4.Use square thumbnails: Select this option if you'd like for RapidWeaver to display your image thumbnails uniformly as squares instead of retaining their original dimensions.
- 5.Captions: Select where you'd like your image captions to be displayed. Caption options include Nowhere, Everywhere, Thumbnails Only, or Full Size Images Only. *Please note if you do not add captions to your images, RapidWeaver will automatically use the Filename as the caption.
- 6.Home: Enter the text you'd like displayed for the link that will take your web visitors back to the main gallery page.
- 7.Use name of parent page: If this is checked, the "Home" link will use the name of your Photo Album page. In the above example, the "Home" link would be displayed as "Gallery" instead.
- 8.Previous: Enter the text you'd like displayed for the link that will take your web visitors back one image.
- 9.Next: Enter the text you'd like displayed for the link that will take your web visitors forward one image.
- 1.Various slideshow settings:
- Controls: When selected, when hovering your mouse over the slideshow, the slideshow's controls will appear (forward arrow, back arrow, pause, etc.).
- Info: When selected, the image's caption will be displayed overlayed on the image.
- Loading Icon: When selected, a loading icon will appear while the images are being loaded in the slideshow.
- 2.Size: Select the desired width and height (in pixels) for your displayed slideshow.
- 3.Transition: Select from a list of transition effects between images. Options include Blend, Cube, Flash, Flip, Focus Fade, Gray Scale, Pivot, Push, Stack, Zoom In, and Zoom Out. Enter a transition time (in seconds) in the box next your selected transition effect.
- 4.Scale: Scale your images. Options include Scale to Fit, Scale to Fill, Downscale to Fit, and Downscale to Fill.
- 5.Image Pause: Enter the time (in seconds) for each image to be displayed in the slideshow.
- 6.Ken Burns: Select from a list of Ken Burns effects. Options include None, Random, Pan, Zoom In, and Zoom Out. Enter a time (in seconds) in the box next your selected Ken Burns effect.
EXIF Image Data
RapidWeaver's built-in Photo Album page can display your images' EXIF data on the Gallery album type. Simply check the EXIF tags box and then select which EXIF tags you'd like to be displayed from the list.
EXIF tags that have no data will not be displayed unless you select the box "Missing EXIF tags". When this box is checked, then your selected EXIF tags from the list will be displayed on the page, whether they contain EXIF data or not.