A guide to modifying and building Themes for RapidWeaver
Anyone can build or modify a theme for RapidWeaver. You'll just need a basic understanding of HTML and CSS to get going.
- RapidWeaver Classic or newer
- A code editor (Nova or similar)
- A JSON/Plist editor (Lexi or similar)
Download the Example.rapidweavertheme below. Once downloaded you can double-click to install it. If RapidWeaver is running, you'll need to restart it for the theme to become active.
Once you have the theme installed, open RapidWeaver and create a new project. Find the Example theme in the Theme Browser, right-click on the theme preview and select Show Contents.
This will reveal a Contents folder in the finder, inside are all the files required to construct a RapidWeaver theme. You should have the following files:
- styles.css - base stylesheet (CSS)
- colourtag.css - colour style variations stylesheet (CSS)
- images Folder - where all images for the theme are placed
- css Folder - theme variations CSS files are located here
- preview_large.jpg - 800x950px image/logo of your theme displayed in the theme drawer.
An example of the contents of a Theme.