How to list addons on the RapidWeaver Marketplace
The new Marketplace was built to support developers and give customers an easier and faster way to find addons for RapidWeaver.
Okay, got an account? Ready to list an addon? Let's Go!
Once you have an account on the Marketplace you can list as many addons as you like. Although, if you have a large backlog of addons we'd recommend adding them over a few weeks or months. By drip-feeding and spreading out the releases you'll get more exposure to a wider section of the RapidWeaver user base.
The new Marketplace supports the following addon types; Element, Plugin, Project, Theme, stacks, and Utility. If you think there's an addon type missing, please get in touch so we can work on adding it to the site.
Let's take a look at what details are required to list an addon.
Addons require a basic set of details, along with details for each version listed. All details are required when submitting an addon unless stated as (optional).
- Icon: A single image that best represents the addon. This should be a square image, without transparency.
- Dimension: 512(w)x512(h) @ 2x
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Title: The title of the addon as it appears inside RapidWeaver.
- Type: Element, Framework, Plugin, Project, Theme, stack, Utility
- Works With: (Pick from listed addons)
- Compatibility: The version of RapidWeaver your addon requires.
- RapidWeaver Classic (includes RapidWeaver 8)
- RapidWeaver Elements
- Stacks App
- Price (USD only): $
- Bundle ID: unique-bundle-id
- Preview URL: A live preview of the addon in action.
- Store URL: A direct store link to buy the addon.
- Trial Download URL (optional): A link to download a trial version of the addon.
- Status: Draft, Live, Archived (when an addon is no longer available)
- Screenshots: Between 2 and 6 images.
- Dimension: 1920(w)x1080(h) @ 2x
- Format: JPG or PNG
Each release of an addon requires a version to be created. An initial release of an addon could be set as 1.0, then a future update might be added as 1.1 and so on.
- Number: Version number (i.e. 1.3)
- Build: Internal or external build number (i.e. 10763)
- Release Notes: What's new in this version of your addon. Be specific about changes!
- Release Date (UTC): The date the addon/update was released.
All addons need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must be compatible with RapidWeaver 8 or newer.
- If your screenshot shows RapidWeaver, it should be the current version at the time of listing.
- Description and screenshots should not mention or link to competing products or forums.
- Only actively supported addons should be listed.
- When updating an addon be descriptive about the changes. DO NOT write "Various updates and fixes" — Let users know exactly what was fixed.
You do not need to use or match the artwork in the template. The example artwork is just there to give you an idea of how things could look for an imaginary "Grid Layout" addon.
Get creative, and make sure it's clear to users what your addon will help them achieve.
Marketplace Template in Sketch