How to Report a Bug
If you've found an issue, here's what to do
Should you come across a bug in RapidWeaver there are a few things we need to help resolve the bug or issue you are seeing.
Helpful information when reporting a bug
Please try to send us as much information as you can about the bug, this will help us locate and fix it much quicker.
- RapidWeaver version
- macOS version
- Steps to reproduce the bug (bonus points for an example project)
- Screen recording (or screenshots)
- Exact error message as it appears
- Crash log
Use QuickTimePlayer.app, this can be found in your Applications Folder.
To create a simple recording, choose File › New Screen Recording from the menu. Click the red record button, then follow the instructions on the screen. To save, choose File › Export and select the quality.
Whenever an application on macOS crashes, it’ll automatically create a .crash file containing details as to what may have caused the crash. In the rare event that RapidWeaver crashes, sending us a crash log will help us find out what caused the crash, and how we can fix it.
How to find your crash Logs(s):
- In the Finder, go to your Applications folder, then Utilities and launch Console.app
- Under the User Diagnostic Reports portion of the sidebar, locate the most recent crash.
- When found, Control-click it, and then select “Reveal in Finder” from the shortcut menu.